Coaches Code of Conduct
Coach's Code of Conduct
Coaches are expected to adhere to the department’s philosophy by:
- placing the emotional and physical well being of the youth participants ahead of a personal desire to win.
- treating each youth participant as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- providing a safe, enjoyable, and healthy youth sports experience.
- providing zero tolerance zone for bullying, child abuse or violence.
- upholding and mandating positive sportsmanship among players, coaches, parents, spectators, and themselves.
- abiding by the official’s decisions and the City of Patterson Recreation Rules and Regulations.
- familiarizing themselves with the rules of the game
- showing respect for equipment, supplies and facilities.
- completing all required league paperwork
- organizing team practices that are fun and challenging for all players.
- not teaching unnecessary rough tactics against opposing players.
- not using profane, obscene or vulgar language towards players, officials or spectators.
- always remembering that they are a youth sports coach, and that the game is for children and not adults
All coaches sign this Code of Conduct before each season starts to make sure they have read and reviewed the Coach's Code of Conduct. It also makes sue that the coaches understand that these are the expectations set forth by the City of Patterson to ensure that the youth participants have an awesome season!
City of Patterson Youth Sports Philosophy
The City of Patterson Youth Sports Programs are designed to provide all children the opportunity to participate in organized recreational sport activities without fear of discrimination, humiliation, or harm.
The Philosophy's Purpose
The City of Patterson Youth Sport Philosophy's purpose is to ensure that all youth are provided the opportunity to participate in a sport, activity, and safe environment that they will enjoy.
City of Patterson's Youth Sports Programming focuses on:
- Developing fundamental skills.
- Fostering wholesome attitudes towards teammates, opponents, officials, and coaches.
- Developing knowledge and respect for the rules of the sport.
- Providing the opportunity for the application of these skills and attitudes in appropriate competitive situations.
How do we uphold the philosophy?
We recruit and support volunteer coaches who understand and agree with the purpose of our program!
Coaches, who uphold the City of Patterson Youth Sport Philosophy,
- de-emphasize winning
- emphasize and recognize individuals as it relates to team performance
- are safety and fun minded
- focus on skill development
- and overall are a positive coach