The City of Patterson is taking applications for the new year (Display Period November 11, 2022 through November 1, 2023). Applications will be accepted through September 6, 2022. The City has 30 available street light locations on Sperry Avenue (Baldwin to Ward Avenue) for display. Please see below on how to submit.
*Sponsorships are currently not available at this time. Please call Public Works to find out how you can become a Sponsor.
Patterson Hometown Heroes
The City of Patterson is seeking banner applications from family and friends of local Active military, or veterans who have served our country in the United States Armed Forces.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The City of Patterson Hometown Hero Program provides the opportunity for the community to recognize and honor Patterson residents, and their immediate family members, who have serves, or currently serving, in the Unites States Armed Forces. The Hometown Hero banner will be displayed from City-owned streetlight poles and will contribute to the City’s quality of life while also promoting civic pride. In order to allow for a coordinated and consistent program, the City has established the following policy and guidelines for the Hometown Banner Program.
1. Active, retired, or honorably discharged members of the five United States Armed Forces service branches (Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, and Air Force), Service Members to include Era of Service, and Frontline Worker (Healthcare, Emergency Responders, and Essential Workers).
2. A current City of Patterson Resident OR Graduated from Patterson High School OR An immediate family member of a current resident (spouse, sibling, parent, child or child-in-law, or grandchild)
Proof of eligibility will be required before an application is considered complete.
• Proof of residency (i.e., copy of utility bill or driver’s license) of the nominee (or applicant who is the immediate family member of the nominee), or school transcript of the nominee
• Verification of Nominee (i.e., active-duty dates, copy of military orders, military ID, proof of Era of Service, Frontline Workers ID/Badge, etc.)
• Honorable discharge or retirement papers with SSN redacted
• High-Resolution digital image (minimum 300 dpi) in jpeg format OR 5 x 7 photograph of honoree in official uniform (with no objects). Original phots will not be returned.
1. The city has designated 21 light poles located on Sperry Avenue (between Ward Avenue & Baldwin Road) as initial locations for this program. Future locations may be identified by the city at a later date depending on the popularity of the program.
2. Available space is determined on a first-come, first-served basis among qualified applicants. All banner locations shall be determined solely by the City.
Map is located here.
1. The banners will be displayed for a maximum of 12 months, or until the banner starts to show deterioration.
2. At the end of the program city staff will contact the family and/or applicant to offer them the banner; all unclaimed banners within 60 days of removal will become the property of the City.
3. In addition to the streetlight pole banners, the city would also display the banners images on the City’s website for 12 months (year-round).
Banner Style and Display
The City has determined the below specifications for the banners. The specifications and design of the banner are the sole discretion of the City and can be modified at any time.
• Double sided, 18 oz. Tyvek Vinyl-Weatherproof
• 30” x 96”
• 4” Pole Pockets
• Two brackets for each banner with fiberglass rods
Public Sponsors and Donations
1. Hometown Hero streetlight banners are funded through private donations and/or sponsorships. All payments will be made payable to the city and deposited into the Hometown Hero Banner Program Account. This Fund will be administered by the City for the sole purpose of the Hometown Hero Banner Program and may not be used for the City’s own operations.
2. Banners may be sponsored by individuals or organizations. Sponsors would receive a letter from the City acknowledging their donation at the time full payment is received. In addition, they would also receive a certificate commemorating their sponsorship at the time of the banner installation.
3. The cost of each banner is $200.00 and is subject to change based on increased or decreased cost to the city.
1. The Hometown Hero banner application may be obtained from the City of Patterson website at www.ci.patterson.ca.us or you may contact Public Works office to have one emailed to you by contacting them via email at www.publicworks.ci.patterson.ca.us or by calling (209) 895-8060.
2. Applications are accepted on a year-round basis and every effort will be made to have banners installed once per year before Veteran’s Day holiday. However, this is at the sole discretion of the City and is based on the availability of city staff, resources, and staff scheduling for installation and removal.
3. A waiting list shall be established based on the date a complete application is received by the City. In order, for an application to be considered complete, all supporting documentation must be received and verified by the city. In addition, full payment for the banner must be received by the city, or sponsorship requested.
4. Applicants will be notified by City staff once an installation date has been determined.
5. At the end of the banner display period, City staff will contact the family and/or applicant to offer them the banner; all unclaimed banners within 60 days of removal will become the property of the City.
Documents & Links
Return Completed Application to:
City of Patterson Public Works Department
Patterson, CA 95363
WAIVER AND LIMITATIONS
The City of Patterson is not responsible for replacing banners that are stolen, damages, or destroyed due to age, vandalism, or any acts of nature including high winds. Any loss or damage to an installed banner will be handled at the discretion of the City. One banner per service member installed for 12-month period. Installation and removal of the banners are at the City’s discretion.