Measure L is the Transportation Ordinance and Expenditure Plan approved by Stanislaus County voters on November 8, 2016. The measure raised the sales tax in Stanislaus County on April 1, 2017, by one-half cent for a total period of 25 years to improve our local streets and roads, improve connectivity and reduce congestion.
Measure L includes strong taxpayer safeguards to ensure that the projects and programs approved by the voters are funded and delivered. A Citizens Oversight Committee has been created to provide an enhanced level of accountability for expenditures made under the Plan to ensure that all voter mandates are carried out and that the financial integrity and performance of the program is maintained.
Should you have any questions, please contact the City of Patterson Engineering Department at 209-895-8033.
- 2018-2019 Slurry Seal Project: - Various local roads
- Citywide Sidewalk Replacement Project: - various locations
- Sperry Avenue Improvements Project: Sperry Avenue between Baldwin Road and American Eagle Avenue
- Pedestrian Safety Improvements Project: Las Palmas Avenue between 7th Street & 9th Street, Ward Avenue between 9th Street & Salado Avenue
- Roundabout at Salado Avenue & 7th Street Project
- Las Palmas Overlay Project: Located along Las Palmas and Highway 33
- Kinshire Waterline Replacement/FDR Phase IA: Bounded by Sperry Avenue to the north, Poppy Avenue to the south, Clover Avenue to the west, and Patterson Irrigation District's (PID) main canal to the east.
Kinshire Waterline Replacement/FDR Phase IB Project: This project is bounded by Sperry Avenue to the north, Poppy Avenue to the south, Del Puerto to the west, and Patterson Irrigation District’s (PID) main canal to the east. Construction was awarded to United Pavement Maintenance, Inc., and the project is in the construction phase.
As some of you are aware, Phase 1B of the Kinshire Project was put on hold due to the
contractor’s ability to procure materials during the COVID pandemic and poor weather conditions. We are excited to inform you that the City has authorized, United Pavement Maintenance, Inc. to resume construction activities. Construction activities resumed on March 30, 2023. The contractor is finishing the water connections and grading and is estimated to start paving operations the week of July 24, 2023.
Although roads will remain open, we realize that the construction of this project may interfere with some of your daily activities, and we will do our very best to minimize disruptions. Those affected directly by delays and disruption of services will be given notices 5 days in advance.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
City of Patterson
Thank you for your support and cooperation during the construction activities of this project.