Although the city does not have many private wells within its city limits, California continues to experience climate-driven weather extremes. DWR is providing tools and resources to help communities that are dependent on groundwater prepare for potential impacts to household water supplies, which include domestic well owners and residents that use and maintain their own well.
Through the Be Well Prepared initiative, DWR is empowering domestic drinking water well users by providing the information and resources they need to maintain a safe and reliable household water supply.
To Be Well Prepared, every well owner should:
- Know local groundwater conditions, including groundwater levels and water quality
- Understand any potential risks to the well’s water supply
- Know well construction details, such as age, depth, condition, and pump details
- Know how to maintain a drinking water well, and how to test and treat well water
- Know where to get help if a well fails
Please visit the following DWR site for more information:
Be Well Prepared (ca.gov)