The City of Patterson is soliciting bids for construction of the Roundabout at Salado and 7th Street Project.
The City of Patterson hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively insure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, Disadvantaged Business Enterprises will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, religious creed, sex, or national origin in consideration for an award.
In general, this project proposes Traffic Management Intersection Improvements at Salado Ave and 7th St. It involves construction of a roundabout to ease congestion and pedestrian traffic. Under existing conditions this five-leg intersection is all-way stop controlled. Converting the intersection into a roundabout would improve operations to Level of Service (LOS) A, reducing the number of stops drivers make, improving traffic efficiency, and reducing emissions.
The study intersection is located next to Patterson High School and the existing pedestrian facilities are not consistent with current Caltrans Standards. This project will also upgrade the pedestrian crosswalks to high visibility yellow crosswalks which are appropriate in a school zone. It would also modify the angle of the crosswalks to be oriented 90 degrees relative to the direction of travel, improving both driver and pedestrian awareness and visibility.
The City Council Chambers will be closed to the public in an effort to prioritize social distancing with the goal to decrease the opportunities for transmission of COVID 19. The public will be able to observe the bid opening live via Zoom Meeting; an addendum will be released with instructions on how to log onto the Zoom Meeting.
SEALED BIDS will be received until June 2, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. (local time) by the Engineering, Building and Capital Projects Department of the City of Patterson at 1 Plaza, Patterson, California 95363 for the Roundabout at Salado and 7th Street Project.
Bids shall be dropped off or mailed to the Engineering, Building and Capital Projects Department of the City of Patterson. The opening of the bids will be broadcasted live via Zoom Meeting. Please knock on City Hall door to drop off the sealed Bids. As soon as practical thereafter, sealed bids for the project will be publicly opened and read.
Bids shall be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder, the bidder’s state registration number, the name of the project and the statement “Do Not Open Until the Time of Bid Opening.” Bids received after said deadline or without the required registration number will be returned unopened to the bidder.
- A non-mandatory pre-bid meeting and project site tour will be held on May 19, 2020 at 10:30 a.m. beginning at Patterson City Hall. Contractors shall personally examine the project site prior to bidding. City Staff will record all attendees at the pre-bid meeting. Pre-bid sign-in sheet will be posted to ciplist.com. Appropriate social distancing will be maintained during pre-bid walk.
- Questions for this project will be received until May 21, 2020 by 8:00 p.m.
- A full set of Bidding Documents is available online for examination at ciplist.com.
- Minimum Wage Rates, as predetermined by the Secretary of Labor, are set forth in the Contract Documents.
Pursuant to Section 1770, California Labor Code, the successful Bidder shall pay not less than the prevailing rate of per diem wages as determined by the Director of California Department of Industrial Relations. A copy of such prevailing rates are on file at the offices of the City of Patterson, and will be made available for examination during business hours to any party upon request: State prevailing wage rate information is also available at the following website: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlsr/PWD.
If there is a difference between the minimum wage rates determined by the Secretary of Labor and the prevailing wage rates determined by the Director of the California Department of Industrial Relations for similar classifications of labor, the Contractor and his subcontractors shall pay not less than the higher wage rate.
- This project is subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the Department of Industrial Relations. No contractor or subcontractor may be awarded a contract for public work on a public works project unless registered with the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to Labor Code section 1725.5.
- Bidders shall furnish a Bid Security with their Bidder’s Proposal in the amount of 10% of the base bid amount.
- The City of Patterson reserves the right after opening Bids to reject any or all Bids, to waive any informality or non-responsiveness in a Bid, or to make award to the lowest responsive, responsible Bidder and reject all other Bids, as it may best serve the interest of the City of Patterson.
- Contractor’s License Classification: In accordance with the provisions of California Public Contract Code, Section 3300, the City of Patterson has determined that bidder shall possess a valid Class A Contractor’s License issued by the State of California at the time of contract bid award and for the duration of the contract. Failure to possess the specified licenses shall render the Bid as non-responsive and shall act as a bar to award of the contract to any bidder not possessing said license at the time of Bid opening. The Contractors’ State License Board may be contacted at 9821 Business Park, Sacramento, CA 95827; PO Box 26000, Sacramento, CA 95826; (800) 321-2752.