The Fire Prevention Division is responsible for all matters pertaining to the enforcement of all fire prevention laws, codes and ordinances relative to the protection of life, property and environmental hazards.
To meet said goals, fire prevention activities include:
- Participating in fire safety awareness through public education to local schools and the general public,
- The review of construction plans within Fire Department authority, focusing on fire and life safety issues such as exiting and fire protection systems based on adopted codes and regulations,
- Providing fire and life safety inspection program through fire prevention personnel and or engine companies of all commercial occupancies and specialty inspections for various uses and or occupancies.
Adoption of 2016 CA Fire Code
Every three years, the State of California adopts building standards that are codified in the California Code of Regulations referred to as the California Building Standards Code. The Patterson City Council adopted by reference and amended the 2016 edition of the California Fire Code under ordinance 763, which became effective January 1, 2017, with certain administrative and technical amendments based on Patterson's local conditions (geologic, climatic, and topographic) to protect property and the welfare of the general public that work and live within Patterson.
Fire Prevention Forms and Related Documents
- Fire Department Fees (PDF)
- Knox Box Online Instructions (PDF)
- Patterson Fire Alarm Requirements (PDF)
- Patterson Fire Alarm Application (PDF)
- Patterson Sprinkler Requirements (PDF)
- Patterson Sprinkler Application (PDF)
- Fire Hydrant Flow Request (PDF)
- Patterson Truck 2 (T-2) Turning Radius (PDF)
- Day Care Information (PDF)
- Cooking Booth Checklist (PDF)