City Clerk’s Office
The City Clerk is your liaison to the City Council, researching legislative data and coordinating responses to requests for specific action or information on City-related service.
The City Clerk is responsible for the legislative proceedings of the City Council, Political Reform Act filings, elections, records management, public records -- including agendas and minutes. The City Clerk also conducts recruitment for the various City Commissions, Committees and Board vacancies when needed.
The City Clerk fills a variety of roles, from record keeper to public contact, and has a variety of responsibilities that include:
- Custodian of official City documents and records including responsibility for the corporate seal of the City
- Ensuring the Codification of the Municipal Code
- Responding to requests for public records
- Providing information about City services
- Serving as the Elections Official for the City
- Researching legislation, maintaining records such as legislative proceedings, and Council agendas and minutes
- Conducting recruitments to fill vacancies on City Commissions, Committees and Boards
- Serving as Filing Officer for the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC)
- Providing Support to the Mayor and City Council
Electronic Filing of Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) Form 700’s
City of Patterson Form 700 filers can use NetFile’s Electronic SEI E-Filing System to electronically file their FPPC Form 700. Electronic filing will save you time and it is easy to use! The advantage of filing electronically is that the system ensures that all required data is complete, eliminating the filing of amendments due to errors, and all data is saved for future filings.
Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC)
Now online: statements of economic interest, and filings on your local elected officials are now available online at the FPPC website. Please contact the City Clerk's Office at 209-895-8012 or 209-895-8014 for more information (AB1509, Government Code Section 87505 effective January 1, 2013)